Fire Prevention Bureau
The Fire Prevention Bureau has six primary objectives:
- Prevention of fires.
- Elimination of fire and life safety hazards in buildings.
- Maintenance of fire protection equipment and systems.
- Regulation of storage, use and handling of hazardous materials and hazardous substances.
- Reviewing building plans to assure compliance with all applicable life safety.
- Enforcement of basic building regulations of the Office of the State Fire Marshal as they apply to matters regarding fire, panic, and explosion safety.
In order to provide the public with the maximum protection from loss of life and property through fire, it is imperative that thorough and periodic inspections be made of commercial buildings and multi-unit residential structures. Fire Prevention Bureau personnel conduct these inspections. At that time, they take steps to protect the lives and property of our residents by eliminating the potential causes of fire and improving the awareness of the public towards fire prevention and safety.